Thursday, May 22, 2008

Doing the Hokey Pokey...

She put her right foot down and her left foot down and she turned herself around...(Sing it with me!). I think Tali has completely flipped 3 full times now since I posted the last post on her breech position. At this point, I no longer have any idea if she is upside down or downside up but I am certain that she feels perfectly content to just drift around at will within this vast stretched out uterus of mine. She seems to prefer to make her major movements at about 5:00am. So just as I'm finally getting back to sleep after my 3rd trip to the bathroom for the night I have a sudden eruption of motion under the bulge of skin dominating my torso. In my half-asleep stupor I have attempted to grab hold of her and hold her in place but by the time I get there, I'm just not sure where she's gone and I don't want to keep her from flipping in the right direction. Good grief, she's not even out of the womb yet and I'm already conflicted about how to parent her...

I have decided, however, that any attempt to turn her- whether it be chiropractics, doctorly versions or grasping a flashlight between my knees - will simply be ignored by my little flibberty gibbit and no doubt in short order she'll be undoing whatever process was done to get her where she belongs. So for now I'm just praying that before labor begins in earnest she'll put her right foot up and her left foot up and turn herself around....That's what it's all about!

No comments: