Thursday, January 17, 2008

Ick

It's been snowing for about 7 hours now - good, wet snow that comes down in big and little as Philip so astutely pointed out and clings to everything. We have our big, plastic bowl out collecting enough to make snow ice cream for everyone later. I don't think they actually like snow ice cream but they sure do like the idea of it. It's so pretty but I really hate snow. The only who seems to hate it as much as I do is Adora. Snow means putting on
  • 10 pairs of mittens and gloves (I can't find my miiiiiten? Has anyone seen my hat? )
  • 10 pairs of boots (I can't get my booot oooon! Those are on the wrong feet! Where is my other boooooot?!)
  • 1o winter coats to zip up (Why are you outside without your coat?! My zipper is stuuuuuck! I can't get my zipper with my miiiiiitens ooooon!)
And then all those getting wet and cold and dumped on the laundry room floor....Ick...
It is pretty, though, before all those little feet trample in it and the four footed critters, well....you know....
Of course everyone has to eat it.....
Which seems to work better without the mittens on....
And shovel it.....
Uh, huh, that's helpful
And sled in it...
Even when there is no hill


Or just plain enjoy the view through the tassels of a silly hat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures of beautiful children! The snow scene pictures are beautiful too.
I love snow! I must admit it does annoy me a bit that no matter how many times I ask before hand, someone is sure to have to go to the bathroom as soon as we go to all the work to get bundled up & outside:(

stlouismb said...

I wish we would get some more snow here. So far only one significant snowfall this winter and a few days of flurries. Thanks for sharing your snowfall (story) with us in STL.

Peace,
Mike