Wednesday, October 01, 2008

One of those days

I encouraged Adora to leave Miah at home today so she could go to The General's house to work on some financial planning without being distracted by his antics. This meant, I failed to see, that *I* would be distracted by his antics. By the time Adora had been gone only a few minutes he somehow managed to become shirtless. I left him that way knowing that any attempts to correct the situation would probably prove futile. This was to be to my benefit at lunch time. I treated him and Nathan to pretzel rods dipped in peanut butter. Nathan couldn't get enough of 'um, but apparantly Miah thought they looked more like paintbrushes than lunch. By the time I got to him he was covered head to toe in peanut butter. I wiped him down, changed his diaper and his clothes and he was now cruisin' with a shirt and pants. Meanwhile, Nathan was on outfit number two himself after a big poopy blowout (not quite as big and poopy as yesterday's big poopy incident tho....).

That settled, I asked the boys to keep an eye on Dumb and Dumber while I hid in my bedroom and nursed the baby. Once full, Tali sat up and squirted a nice bum full into her diaper. Just as I was gingerly carrying the nearly overflowing bundle to my bed for a diaper change I heard a screaming commotion coming from downstairs and then Ben burst up the stairs and into my room screaming, "Mom! Emergency! Miah got into the marshmellow fluff and now he's running around getting it everywhere!" I instructed him and JT to pin down the sticky bandits and not let them move until I could get on the scene. It took me a minute to clean up Tali and by the time I got downstairs JT and Ben had Nate and Miah securely held around their waists. Both were covered head to toe (hair included) in white goo and there was a line of white sticky footprints coming from the pantry to the dining room where they had finally been apprehended. I managed to wipe them both down, and wash the floor and the pantry walls (where they had gone in, closed the door behind them and then stood in the dark smearing fluff all over each other).

We resumed our day, working on some school work in the dining room, when some time later we heard Nathan screaming...loudly. I went into the living room where I saw this:If you look real closely you can see that there are *three* legs in one of those holes and just one leg in another and notice, also, they are both mostly naked. By the time I reached them both of them were shouting, "Duck MommyDuck!" (as in stuck with a "d" for those who don't know two-ese). It took a little doing to extricate them from this dilemma and I decided they should probably have some clothes - another futile effort since within the hour Nathan required yet another change of pants due to well, did I mention I also gave him raisins for lunch?

Of course the bouncy seat was really intended for this purpose. At least somebody in the family wasn't causing too much trouble today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can always tell when a phto is taken by an experienced mom. A new mom wouldn't have had the good idea to snap a pictures before getting the children unstuck:)

I missed my oppurtunity when Matthew was inside the refrigerator...but by golly....when Olivia climbed in there I knew to take a picture before taking her out!