Thursday, October 27, 2005

Victory!!

After spending the past week preparing for a psychiatric appt today, I decided to revisit my 5 1/2 year battle with the field of craniofacial surgery. It's tough to believe but every cleft clinic in the Baltimore area is powered by the same surgeon - yep, that infamous man who stitched up the inside and outside of our son's lip and then left him in the hospital overnight writhing in pain and confounding nurses who could neither help him nor get the man who could to bother answering a page... Just as I was beginning to wonder if they do bedside manner lobotomies on these guys on their way out of medical school I seem to have stumbled across a new dr...Captain Personality's associate, actually. They share a clinic. But this guy has a reputation for being, well, can you believe it...a NICE GUY! His personal secretary assured me of this. After I rattled off a list of CP's shortcomings I asked her frankly if I would have the same problems with her boss. Her exact words, "Oh you won't believe it. His bedside manner is so wonderful." Then she said the one thing that shocked me and left me breathless with heart palpitations for the man (not the same kind, of course, which are reserved solely for my dear husband)..."He often calls his patients at home just to check up on them." Say it isn't so?! A surgeon from the infamous you-know-who hospital actually bothers to call ME?! Well, this I gotta see...of course I probably won't get an appointment until NEXT JULY. What's that? I can see him on November 14th?! - Well mark me in permanent ink!! Of course, he'll probably want us to sit through 5 useless hours of waiting in the clinic (this is NOT an exaggeration!) just to see him and maybe one of his associates for 5 minutes. Um, did I hear you correctly? He'll see us in his office?! On a non-clinic day?!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

Now all I gotta do is get from the elevator to this guy's office without running into you-know-who...

It's moments like this I know that God smiles on us at least once in a while...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mair~I have put your appt on the calendar so that we lift you up in prayer that day specifically!!!! What a find!
Love the blog...almost like sitting and chatting with you...will keep checking in..
<><
Peace of Christ