Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Finally!

Well, the reconstruction on the house has finally begun! I sat in the trampoline with the kids as we watched a little backhoe dig the foundation for the Dining Room and Kitchen addition. Tomorrow the shingles and the roof are supposed to come off. It's so hard to be at the house and not be able to just go about the business of living. I had to explain to the kids today why we couldn't just go inside and have our lunch. They so enjoyed jumping on the trampoline and playing in thier dirt pile.

I'm not sure I can handle seeing the burnt and charred trusses when they take off the roof of the garage. The whole fire-damaged part of the house gives me the willies. I keep trying to look forward to what the house will look like when it's all done but that's hard for me to see in my mind's eye. We just want to go home...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear things are getting started on your house. What a year you have had. We think of you often and I look forward to hearing more about your special family. May your days ahead be filled with more joy than sorrow!
Love, Vicki