Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Animal Sounds

I was running through animal sounds with David the other day and got these responses:

David, what does a dog say?

Woof! Woof!

What does a cat say?

Meow!

What does a lion say?

ROAR!

What does a chicken say?

QUACK! QUACK!

What does a bear say?

Go RAVENS!

That's my boy...



Just now I was rounding up John Michael and David for naps. I asked John if he was ready for a nap and he replied to me, "No, I am not ready for a nap but only say the word and I shall be healed." I got a big chuckle out of that and related the story to Fr. Joel but admitted that I was pondering which exact words would heal him from this anti-napism. He suggested, "Behold the nap of John. Blessed are they who nap until Supper."


We had some friends over the other night and John brought along his guitar while Fr. Joel was jamming on his recorders. When they ran out of songs to sing, they asked the kids for requests. John Michael begged them to play "Tinkle, Tinkle Little Star" which, we decided after trying out his version, begs the question where *does* rain come from?

No comments: