Monday, July 05, 2010

Where I've Been...

So it all started about two months ago or so.  Ben, who has been enjoying providing entertainment for a few of my friends' kids' birthday parties, was discussing his hopes and dreams with me one day.  He said, "Mom, I want to be the guy who shows up at the party with the moon bounce, the entertainment and the cotton candy machine.  I want to be the guy all the kids love."  Cotton candy...hmmm....great idea.  And the next thing I knew my whole life was turned upside down. 

Tad and I have had a life-long dream of owning our own little piece of Earth - a small farm, maybe 20 acres with a stream, woods for the kids to romp in, a big roomy old farmhouse, a place for the chickens to free range, maybe a pony for the girls....but there's been problems along the way - wrong turns in the road, decisions made away from our dreams rather than on a path toward them.  And so we've been thinking and praying and counting up our pennies and realized if we want to get back on that road less traveled we'd need to bring in some more income.  But with 12 kids with whom we really enjoy spending time, more time away from the family for Dad didn't seem worth it and Mom, well...not much demand for MA's in Theater History these days - even if it does come from an ivy league....

But cotton candy...who can resist?  I couldn't and I began to research the ins and outs of owning my own machine and spinning sugar for a living - or at least to have some money to throw at a dream.  And so we are now the proud owners of a Paragon Spin Magic - turning out 3 cones of all natural goodness per minute inside the double bubble and set upon a beautiful little cart.   It's the perfect business for a large family.  Who can resist the Research and Development phase when it involves inviting your neighbor friends over for free cotton candy?

So, while I've been neglecting my blog, I haven't been lazing about.  I've been researching health department regs and license requirements, filling out forms, meeting with The General about liability and taxes and spinning sugar and brain cells to pull it all together.  It's gonna be good.

The parent company is there for Ben...and Betsy...and whoever else grows into the talent to provide entertainment and for John Michael who wants to get into the food industry and for those who will need to learn a trade so they can stick with us and for all of us to see our dreams come true.  It's called the Squeaky Clean Entertainment Company and it sells a product called NatureSpun cotton candy which is made with all natural ingredients - nothing artificial in our white clouds of fluffy goodness.  We're having a blast growing this thing together and working toward a common goal.  So I apologize if you don't hear from me - follow me on facebook, Squeaky Clean will be there soon - and if you have an event you'd like us to serve just give me a ring or shoot me an email and I'll come spin ya some suga, Suga!  But for this week, it's more forms and spinning and Circus Camp at our house!

2 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

Yep, I knew you must be up to something good! I've sure missed ya!

LucisMomma said...

Mair, are you selling yet? Someone on the FG BB just now asked where she could buy some cotton candy.