Sunday, June 04, 2006

Long Time, No Blog

Well, we have moved in...It's been a looong week and the house is still a mess. Last Saturday a bunch of guys moved all the furniture we had collected into our house. Then on Tuesday ServPro brought back everything they had in storage and we spent the next few days trying to sort and unpack it all. Friday Fr. Joel took John Michael and the big boys for a celebratory camping trip to Knoebel's. It poured for hours here and round about midnight I looked down the basement steps at an inch of water covering the entire basement floor....sigh...Being 8 months pregnant and alone, I had no idea where to even begin to clean that up. Then I started having contractions which sort of put the whole clean-up out of the picture anyway. Those lasted for about 2 hours when I finally fell asleep around 2 am only to be awakened by my husband calling me at 7:00, returning my many frantic calls to him from several hours earlier. He and the boys wrapped up the campsite and came home immediately. We spent the rest of the day - and night - mopping mud out of every crevice of the floor and tossing out even more ruined stuff (including the Persian rug I was so excited about because I had found it at a yardsale for $20). Well, if we've learned anything, it's that stuff is just stuff. No one was injured, not even our tempers or our faith. God is still good and He still provides for our every need...but, really, can we can get a break here?!

1 comment:

JTKlopcic said...

What, no pictures?